Are you involved in an innovative program, initiative, or research project relating to quality in home care, supportive living, or long-term care? Are you willing to showcase your work at the IQ 2018 Conference so colleagues can benefit from your experience?
You are invited to submit an abstract for presentation at the IQ 2018 Conference, taking place October 23 & 24, 2018 at the Sheraton Red Deer Hotel in Red Deer, Alberta. The Program Committee is looking for oral and poster presentations on topics relating to the Conference theme of What's In a Number? We welcome presentations from all aspects of continuing care including academic and research presentations, stories from clinical practice, examples of innovation, and other projects or programs.
You are welcome to submit an abstract in any topic area. If you have more than one story to tell, you can submit multiple abstracts.
Abstract Submission Deadline: Monday, August 13, 2018
Notification Date: Friday, August 31, 2018
RSVP Date: Friday, September 7, 2018
Early Bird Registration Deadline: Friday, October 5, 2018
Conference Abstract Streams
Presentations can focus on any one or all of the three streams of continuing care - we want to hear about and share your successes!
- Home Care
- Supportive Living
- Long Term Care
- Non Care Stream-Specific
Abstracts will undergo a peer-review process. The Abstract Review Committee will assess each abstract based on its adherence to format, scientific merit, and alignment with the overall Conference themes. Authors of abstracts selected for presentation will be contacted via e-mail by Monday, August 13, 2018 and invited to present either a poster or oral presentation at the Conference. The decision of the Review Committee is final.
All selected abstracts will be made available to Conference participants.
The following format is provided as a guide when completing the abstract submission form.
- Approach Used or Design and Methods
- Lessons Learned or Implications for Practice or Policy
- Future Directions
Abstract Form Submission
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically by the deadline. Submissions will only be accepted on this form.
- Please use standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word when it appears for the first time.
- Errors, misspellings, and incorrect abbreviations will not be corrected.
- Title must not exceed 15 words.
- Abstracts must not exceed 350 words (excluding the abstract heading).
- Edits to submitted abstracts may be made up to the submission deadline of Monday, August 13, 2018. Submit edits to IQ@buksa.com.
- An individual may submit more than one abstract. Use a separate form for each abstract.
- There is no fee to submit abstracts. Presenters must register and pay to attend the Conference and cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
Presentation at the Conference
- The Conference organizers are unable to cover expenses of those presenting posters or giving an oral presentation based on an abstract submission, such as expenses for developing the poster, shipping, travel, or accommodation.
- A small number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentation at the Conference; indicate on the submission form whether you are interested in being considered for an oral presentation.
- If an abstract is accepted for oral presentation, individuals agree to register for the Conference and will be eligible for the Early Bird rate. Substitutions for presenters can be made at any time by e-mailing IQ@buksa.com.
- Standard equipment for oral presentations will be available: data projector and screen, PC laptop, microphone, and internet connectivity if required. If you need special equipment or have unique set up needs, please indicate this in the abstract. There is limited funding for special set-ups and equipment.
- For poster presentations, the presenter will be required to stand by his/her poster(s) at specific times to answer questions during the Conference. In the case of multiple authors, at least one author is required to stand by the poster at the specified times.
- Posters must not exceed 115cm x 115cm (4' x 4') in size, but may be any dimension within these constraints. Oversize posters may not be displayed. Push pins will be provided.
Member Early Bird: $425
Member Regular: $525
Non-Member Early Bird: $575
Non-Member Regular: $725
Health Authority/Government: $300
*Students must provide a valid student ID or other proof of enrolment in full-time studies at an accredited institution. Students must also indicate their area of study on the registration form.
By submitting an abstract to the Conference, submitters authorize, upon acceptance, the permission to reproduce their abstract in the Conference program material and on the Conference website.